Here’s your monthly update on what’s going on with All These Roadworks.
While it’s still bushfire season in Australia, the majority of the huge fires that threatened much of the country over December and January are now extinguished, and there is no specific danger to my city from bushfires beyond the general background danger of an Australian summer.
As with much of the world, attention has now turned to the COVID-19 coronavirus, which has reported cases within Australia, including transmission within the country. There are no cases in *my* city yet but that hasn’t stopped people from stripping most of the local supermarkets in a spurt of panic-buying / emergency preparation.
If you, too, are contemplating a long season of avoiding other humans and staying indoors, then now is an excellent time to buy some porn. Have you checked out the shop? 🙂
Personally, my health has been poor over this period, impacting both my day job and my writing, and while I’ve done a month’s work in a month, the slight backlog I had at the end of January has unfortunately continued as a slight backlog at the end of February.
Delayed February content
Some February content did not reach publication by the end of the month.
The delayed content consists of:
- The Arth-Keros content, which will be written and published in my next opportunity for significant work, which I expect to be this weekend.
- * The following member requests:
- “A new Jessa story” – This request has not been confirmed by the requester, so I chose to leave it to last in case further information was supplied.
- “Either Princess Ellie, Elves of Terna, or Greenhaven Wife Review” – This request was received on 23 February, and the requester has been notified it will therefore be delivered late.
- “Web cam model revenge” – This request was received on 24 February, and the requester has been notified it will therefore be delivered late.
The delayed member requests are at the front of the request queue and will be delivered over the coming week.
What did members get in February?
Twenty-two (22) stories were released to members through Early Access in February.
Members got access to four story collections in January:
- They Say It’s Your Birthday – Stories of Celebration and Degradation (2nd Edition)
- A Woman’s Work – Stories of Workplace Degradation (2nd Edition)
- Laid Bare – Stories of Public Exposure (NEW!)
- Girl on Girl – Stories of Lesbian Cruelty (NEW!)
These releases continue the new cover designs and full-colour interior images, and additionally contain new exclusive bonus pages.
If you’re a Stories Member, please remember to download these e-books for your personal collection ASAP, as after 14 March these collections will be archived into the Premium Member-only section of the drive!
Guide to Arth-Keros:
The Guide to Arth-Keros entry is delayed but will be published shortly.
The Reality Check articles attempt to help distinguish fantasy from reality by touching base with safe, respectful, healthy practices for kinky relationships in the real world.
The January Reality Check, which was delayed at the time of the last monthly update, has been published, and was on the topic of “Not Having Sex (And Why That’s Okay)”.
The February Reality Check has also been published, and was on the topic of “Everyone Should See A Psych”.
In addition to all of the above, Premium Members had access to the following additional benefits:
* The ability to request a story;
* Access to all story collections sold on this site;
* Access to my two long-form stories.
Membership benefits are made available through an invitation to Google Drive. If you’re a member and you have ANY questions about your benefits or membership, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com, as I really want you to feel like you’re getting value for your money.
Upcoming story requests
Here’s the current request queue for January. It’s in no particular order – stories will be written and released according to what I’m inspired to write.
Delayed from February:
- New Jessa Story
- “webcam model revenge”
- “sequel to either Princess Ellie, Elves of Terna, or the Greenhaven/Wife Review series”
Upcoming in March:
- Abby’s Identity, Part 7
- Brea Comes Home, Part 2
- “Maledom scripted TV” in the style of “Princess of Wall Street”
- Diana Tells The Truth, Part 8
- “Greenhaven/Wife Review sequel, or Etrebor sequel”
- new “Pop Star to Porn Star” story
- Persephone Nine, Chapter 3
- Finale to the Terna series
Plus you’ll get anything that I feel like writing on my own initiative, and maybe a couple of the remaining stories from the Tumblr era that haven’t yet migrated to BDSMLR.
If you’re a Premium Member with a story request for March, and you don’t see your story listed here, please get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know what you want.
Story requests are a perk of Premium Membership, or can be purchased individually from the store.
How is the site doing?
It’s doing fine.
January was far and away my most profitable month ever, benefiting from a combination of sales, new content, the holiday season, and I think a large amount of goodwill from wonderful readers hoping to help me out over the difficult bushfire period (thank you all so much!).
It was probably inevitable that February would back off a bit. Sales were significantly lower than January – but still my third-highest month so far, coming in at only slightly short of December. (Which actually works out to be slightly more sales per day, given that February was a shorter month.)
This level of sales, sustained over a year, would pay roughly a quarter of a year’s income for me. As a result, I am now actively looking for opportunities to transition my day job into a part-time arrangement, and officially use one day a week working full-time on All These Roadworks.
Once again, thank you all so much for your patronage and support. A lot of great writers don’t get the opportunity to be paid for it. I really appreciate the privilege of being financially supported to pursue something that I genuinely enjoy doing.
Member survey – premium content
I ran a survey over the last two weeks seeking input about the structure of my memberships. That survey is now closed.
I’m going to address the survey in more detail in a later post, and directly answer some of the specific comments and questions I received, but here’s what I’ve taken from the results.
(1) Clarity: I need to make the structure and benefits of my memberships clearer, including specifically what’s included, and how payment works.
(2) Payment and access options: I need to put some time into examining if there are ways I can give people more ways to pay for and access content. The key concern is around anonymity – my content is extreme erotica, and some people would be embarrassed (or worse) if others knew they were accessing it.
There are some significant obstacles in this area, from multiple angles, so I don’t promise there’s any change coming, but I will at least look at it again.
(3) Content: Far and away the most popular option for reforming the scope of the Premium Membership was to limit the e-books included to only the last 12 that were published. I am NOT doing that yet – I need to give all current members a month’s notice from when I formally announce it, so they can choose to not re-subscribe if they don’t like it. But I’m keen to make that announcement before the end of the month.
As a side-effect of that change, I’m expecting to go through a process of assigning numbers to all the existing e-books, so that, for example, The Downward Spiral might be book 5, and Sex Sells might be book 11, so that it’s clear which 12 books are included in the Premium Membership at any time. Not sure how that will look in terms of covers, republishing, and the shopfront, but it’s not substantial enough to justify a whole new edition, so it’s not going to count against the four books released this month.
(4) Content delivery: No one seemed to have a problem with using Dropbox, so I’m going to do some further investigation to make sure it actually will deliver the service I’m looking for, and then you can expect some announcements about a migration across to that platform within the next month. (Hopefully.)
As continuing members will be aware, I have pledged that in any month that the site made a profit of more than $300, I would donate at least 5% of profits to a women’s charity, as part of a responsible approach to the complex niche of porn I write in. (If you don’t understand this reference, please check out this page of my site.)
As a result, this month I have made a donation exceeding $56 USD in value to a registered charity providing support and accommodation to pregnant women and new mothers, particularly those experiencing or escaping from domestic violence.
Thank you all for making this possible.
I am always looking for feedback as to whether you’re satisfied with my product and my site. Please don’t hesitate to send me your thoughts at email@example.com on any topic.
Thank you all again – you’re excellent!
– All These Roadworks
5 March 2020